I'm Alan and I'm the managing director here at Approach Personnel. There is never a dull day doing my job which involves interacting with all the elements of the business including sales, customer service, staff development, finance, internal recruitment, HR, I.T, legal, training and whole load of other interesting daily activities.
I strongly believe that here in the UK we all have a great opportunity to do well, it's all about having some goals, a plan and then taking action. One of the best parts of my job is helping others in our organisation to acheive their own work and personal goals.
If you need help finding the right permanent or temporary staff for your business please contact me. I'm also always looking for experienced recruiters to work with us so please call me for a confidential chat if you are looking for a new opportunity.
Here are the answers to my quiz questions:
- My favourite film is: I have too many to pick just one, but to give you an idea here are some personal favourites: Pulp FIction, Dumb & Dumber, Battle Royale, Goodfellas, The Usual Suspects, Monsters Inc, Snatch, Terminator 1 and 2, and no christmas would be complete without The Muppets Christmas Carol.
- In my spare time I like to: Spend quality time with my family and friends, play the drums, go skiing with my mates, watch football, support the Nottingham Panthers, listen to audio books, watch films, travel to far away places and go on adventures.
- My guilty pleasure is: Singing in the car. I love to crank up the volume and sing along to my favourite tracks - especially the falsetto parts. It's pretty embarassing when you get rumbled at the traffic lights.
- My perfect night out is: An early meal at an amazing holiday destination with family and friends, tucking the kids up in bed, 'having it' around some bars overlooking the sea and then waking up the next day with no hangover.
- I love recruitment because: There is lots of opportunity to take positive action and do well. If you have a great attitude, desire to succeed, really apply yourself and genuinely care about your clients and candidates you will go far.
- I’m obsessed with: Pizza - I love it and have 'dragged' my family to some of the best Pizzaria's in the world. Personal favourites including Grimaldi's in New York, Homeslice in London and regular trips to my number 1 - Pizzaria Da Bafetto in Rome. I'm hungry just typing this. If it wasn't for Pizza I'd be ripped.
- My perfect holiday destination is: Sipping banana colada's in the sea with your best friends at Leela Beach, Koh Phangan, Thailand is pretty hard to beat.
- If I won the lottery I would: Invest the money, help out my friends and family, travel the world and go on more adventures.