Health & Safety Manager - Construction
5757130 | 17 Nov 2023
£45k - 55k per year Benefits
Our client, a multi-disciplinary construction company, requires an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join their business – an exciting opportunity for the correct candidate to join an ever-growing company.
- Ensure compliance with relevant UK legislation, including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated regulations.
- Preparing site RAMS.
- Site Visits nationwide as and when required.
- Conduct regular risk assessments to identify potential hazards and develop strategies to mitigate risks.
- Create and maintain incident reporting systems, investigate accidents, and provide recommendations for preventing future occurrences.
- Manage and oversee safety training for all sub-contractors ensuring they have the correct accreditations to work on site.
- Stay up to date with UK health and safety standards and ensure staff compliance.
- Develop and maintain emergency response plans and conduct drills to ensure a prompt and effective response to emergencies.
- Liaise with external auditors, regulators, and certification bodies to maintain and renew necessary accreditations, such as Constructionline ISO 45001 & 9001.
- Develop, update, and communicate safety policies and procedures to ensure all employees / sub-contractors understand and follow safety guidelines.
- Investigate and report on all incidents, accidents, and near misses, and ensure timely corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
- Maintain accurate records of all safety-related activities, incidents, inspections, and training programs.
- At least 5 years Health and Safety experience in the construction industry.
- NEBOSH Certification.
- In-depth knowledge of UK Health & Safety legislations and regulations.
- Sound understanding of business management systems including relevant Standards e.g. ISO 14001, 45001 & 9001
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and general IT.
- Full UK driving license.